1. Euchromatin is the chromosomes or part of chromosomes which undergoes normal cycle of condensation and decondensation during cell cycle.
1. Heterochromatin is the chromosomes or part of chromosomes which usually remains condensed throughout cell cycle.
2. Intensity of staining differs- darkest in metaphase to lightest in S-phase.
2. Darkly stained than euchromatin throughout the cell cycle.
3. Genes within euchromatin are actively transcribed.
3. Genes within heterochromatin are usually transcriptionally inactive.
4. They usually do not contain repetitive sequences.
4. They usually contain repetitive sequences.
Get access to your account and question