Advantages of self pollination:
- Since pollen grains are easily available, pollination rarely fails. It is a sure method of pollination.
- Flowers do not have to depend on external agencies like wind, water and animals.
- Minimum wastage of pollen. Thus, a more economical method.
- Pure line progeny can be obtained.
- There is no wastage of energy for decoration of flowers to attract insects.
- There is no chance to obtain unwanted characters.
- Image: http://media-3.web.britannica.com/eb-media/87/95387-004-63854D5B.jpg