Some of the characteristic features of the vascular plants are:
- The vascular plants have true stem, leaves and root.
- The dominant phase of the vascular plants is the sporophytic generation.
- The vascular plants possess complex tissue such as the xylem and phloem.
- They have lignification in the xylem tissue which makes them strong and rigid.
- The plants are profusely branched and have woody structure for support.
- Maximum diversity in the plants is observed in the vascular plants.
- The vascular plants can inhabit even in the dry and drought conditions.