The main characteristic features of the non-vascular plants are:
- Simple conducting tissues are present whereas the complex vascular tissues are absent.
- The non-vascular plants have stem and leaves like structure. Instead of roots they possess rhizoids.
- The non-vascular plants are soft, short leafy plants.
- The dominant phase of the non-vascular plants is the gametophytic plant body.
- The non-vascular plants are less diverse in nature.
- The non-vascular plants are the inhabitants of the moist and swampy areas. They can’t with stand the dry and drought conditions.